Monday 13 October 2008

Ident Sci-fi Channel UFO

So far i've been given a brief where i've to come up with a 20 second ident for various programs.
My chosen Brief is for a U.F.O Program

My Initial Idea

This will be of random never before seen footage from amater cameras/camera phones flicking through the various footage showing you a little of whats to come.
There will be a 3D rendering of a UFO appearing in the top right of the screen and lasering out the SI-FI logo and revealing that the program will be on Week Days at 8pm

What I have so far..

My first thoughts where that I definatly wanted the 3D UFO in the top right of the screen
and decided that since this was going to be the biggest challange I would crack on with that 1st!


A quick screen capture of the SCI-FI Channel logo revealed.

To unvail the logo I used a paint material I found in the Maya Program that once rendered appears to glow.
I decided that the easiest way to make the UFO appear to lazer out the logo would be to gradually reveal it. So I cut the complete logo out of a plane, duplicated it and extruded it then placed the SCI-FI channel logo I'd painted in a glowing shader behind the extruded Logo I'd painted flat back. This gradually animated the black SCI-FI channel logo been pushed back as the lazer traced around the logo.

Here are a few examples:









With this video it was a pure accident. Notice the glow shader flash as it's been lazered ... I have no idea why it does this but it makes for a good effect!

Here are a few examples of some of the amater footage I would like with UFO footage in the background!








The finished 20 second product.

No comments: